Tuesday, January 19, 2010

broken scale

I am convinced that my scale must be broken. This morning it is telling me things that cannot possibly be true! I know pregnancy is supposed to be beautiful and the weight is good and all..... but seriously? Someone skinny made that line up. I know all of you will be reading this saying "what is she thinking she's not big at all" or something to that effect and I would like to remind you of the time that you were pregnant (if you were) and the last weeks that you were facing as the everyday mundane tasks put before you become unbearable to do and the broken scale decides to gift you with an extra pound every week to add to the discomfort. And just to prove my point I may not look like a whale... but I weigh as much as one, ok maybe just a baby whale. Now I'm thinking I can move past this, I think my doctor will frown upon it if I go on a strict no carb no sugar no nothing diet =) I will sacrifice my body for my unborn daughter.. lucky girl. Poor mummy. I just would like to say that being a mom, right from the moment of conception is the hardest job on earth and requires much sacrifice, but with much sacrifice always is MUCH JOY. We are starting to realize that in just a few weeks we will be blessed with the newest member to our Sohnchen clan, preparations are beginning to be made in our home and hearts. And as excited as I am... all I have to say to conclude is this, If I have to bend over and pick ONE MORE thing up off the floor...
signed
*the whale that swallowed Jonah*

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kels...I feel the SAME way sometimes. I seriously can't bend over to get anything anymore. Pregnancy is not my favourite thing and I am definately feeling done and ready to meet this little one and take the challenges of the new baby instead of pregnancy! Thinking about you - hope that the rest of the pregnancy goes fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant with my first, I remember wandering around and muttering, "Get out". haha I think it's a part of the design so that labour is actually a welcomed event because we just want the pregnancy to be overwith already. My sympathies are with you during these last weeks! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete