Monday, August 23, 2010

it's just as easy to be kind

Have you ever had someone speak untruth's about you, and accuse you of things that simply did not happen. Did you let it roll off or did it sneak in and set root in your spirit? Someone put me in a situation that made me feel attacked and backed into a corner, and somehow, this has now somehow shaped my confidence. It creeps out of the dark and catches me when I least expect it, accusation and doubt of my character. Even though I TRULY know who I am, it's amazing the power of people's words, how one persons defamation of character can make you question the person that you have spent 25 years shaping. This is not the first time someone has spoken this way about me, and It will not be the last. Some people feel better about themselves by attacking others, and in the past I have worked to not let the words take hold, but sometimes, just sometimes they creep up and smack me in the face. today has been one of those days. So I am now trying to remind myself of who I am, and who I am in the Lord. This NO ONE can take from me. spread the love people....

1 comment:

  1. continue to be strong girl...been there, and fully understand, and yes it hurts to think that others think that way about oneself...but, you know truth and that is what you hang on to...I am so proud of you and love you much ...keep oiling your feathers so nothing can penetrate, and untruth runs off like water...in other words...keep on the armour that protects and gaurds from distruction and harm....hugs to you

    ReplyDelete